• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Open Portfolio Files?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that flash is no longer available, how do I open my files saved as portfolios?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Update to a current version of Acrobat or Reader.  They did work to keep Portfolios working after Flash EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, I have to work with documents which include digital signatures...................................

Please give us a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to a current version of Acrobat or Reader.  They did work to keep Portfolios working after Flash EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. We use Adobe version 10.1.16 and all the (thousands) of Porfolios we've created over the past few years aren't opening properly. The file opens but only shows the most recent file, and the navigator doesn't load so I can't access any of the other files in the Portfolio. I tried downloading free Adobe Reader DC and it lets me create new Portfolios but that won't let me view the thousands of existing Portfolios I made. How can I view those? Would be devastaing to lose them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest FREE Acrobat Reader DC -- allows you to view, comment, print & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Paid Acrobat Pro DC -- the complete solution for creating and saving PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest free version doesn't let me view my Portfolios. Do I need the latest paid version in order to view them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC so I don't use the free Acrobat Reader.  Sorry.  I'm moving this question from Flash Player to Acrobat Reader where it belongs.  Hopefully one of the product experts there can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

free version worked. i had to uninstall flash first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it all sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled Flash but I cannot get portfolio files to open in the free version.  I downloaded current version just now but I get error code when trying to open file.  Suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error code, John? What version do you now have (not "latest" please) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports portfolios. If you have the latest version, I'm sorry, you are out of luck.

(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan you wrote "Adobe no longer supports portfolios." But this is wrong. Certainly they no longer work in old software, like the 7+ year old Acrobat XI you said you were using, but in the current Acrobat DC or Acrobat 2020 on Mac or Windows they should be ok (if less pretty than they once were).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC Acrobet Reader 22.001.20142      installed today I think or yesterday

John251591380up7_1-1657210512878.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, John, that looks like a problem with the file (though it COULD be a new Acrobat problem). Are you able to share this file with the world for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't share the file - it comes from the Navy Indian Head, Md., is CUI and therefore restricted.   I'm guessing their systems are up to date and working in these areas since they do a massive amount of data handling that goes out in files like these?   I can interface with the party on the other end who wants me to see this file though, if there is any request I can make in that area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email saying "we got disconnected" so I'm back   I posted the error codes and the installed version.   I think the files coming out of this Government facility are ok, I think it's on my end.   If I install Pro,

is that likely to allow files to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most current version of Adobe Pro XI and the portfolios still only open the most recent file. Do you have any other suggestions. I too have many Portfolios I created from emails because of the ability to open the attachments from the .pdf and the ability to have multiple emails with multiple attachments in one package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade to the latest release versions of Acrobat in which Flash dependencies were removed.  However, that probably won't help with older documents created with older versions of Acrobat. 

FREE Acrobat Reader -- view, comment, print & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Paid Acrobat Pro DC -- the complete solution for creating and saving PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, my portfolio files open and are accessible to view/edit etc on the laptop but not iPad. Since the original version of my portfolio was created in 2020 and systematically updated with new content and renamed since, does your comment above mean that I will never be able to view the files embedded in my portfolio folders??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addl details: running iOS 15.4 ipad with Adobe v22.05.00 paired with MacBook laptop with latest software downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Portfolio is something completely different.  It's a collection packaged into a PDF.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/overview-pdf-portfolios.html

But the same answer applies. Your native media files should be safely stored on HDs and backup servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused/concerned by your question.  Adobe Portfolio is a website, not a cloud backup & recovery service.

You should have all native files stored safely on hard drives and dedicated cloud backups to protect data.   Files on your Adobe Portfolio site are not for public access except to view in a browser.

Portfolio's editing console works with latest desktop browsers: Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Mac Safari.  

Portfolio links:
- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe has two different things called "Portfolio". There's the website to which you referred, and there are Acrobat portfolio file types which operate like digital three-ringed binders - allows you to create folders within folders and embed individual pdf and url weblink files inside these organized folders. This is what I'm referring to. Might you be able to direct me to a tech who can help me with my Acrobat portfolio files? I have an Acrobat Pro subscription that has given me the ability to create and update these files for two years now...and until a few months ago I was able to view these pdf files using either iphone or ipad, in addition to the laptop I used to create them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest Acrobat version for iPhone and laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines