• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to print a booklet from a PDF formated as a booklet?

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that is already formated as a booklet (e.g. with binding in the middle), but I can't find out how to actually print this as booklet.

Here is how my the pdf looks:

Screenshot.jpg

Now I would like to print this as booklet, so that we can staple it in the middle. This would mean that it rearranges the individual pages.

"Normal" printing ("size" in the printer options) doesn't do that. Booklet printing then puts two of the double pages on one booklet page (or 4 pages on one double page).

The question was already asked here, but the answer doesn't work for me.

Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Hi Simon296906365ghu,

Sorry about the delay in response.

As the PDF is in booklet format already, I am afraid it is impossible to print it in the booklet format. As per the screenshot above, the printer will take each page of the booklet as a single page. The workaround mentioned in the discussion link you shared is the only one. 

You may try the following workaround: Add a blank page as the first page of the PDF and then print the first two pages separately using the booklet option under Pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon296906365ghu,

Sorry about the delay in response.

As the PDF is in booklet format already, I am afraid it is impossible to print it in the booklet format. As per the screenshot above, the printer will take each page of the booklet as a single page. The workaround mentioned in the discussion link you shared is the only one. 

You may try the following workaround: Add a blank page as the first page of the PDF and then print the first two pages separately using the booklet option under Page Sizing and Handling. Then print the remaining pages using the Size option under Page Sizing and Handling in the print window. Check if this works for you.

For more information on printing PDFs, refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/basic-pdf-printing-tasks.html.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under no circumstances make a booklet this way (it's called "Reader's spreads") if it is to be printed or imposed. It's a major error, go back to the original to fix it. Reader's spreads are only for viewing spreads (two page facing designs) on screen. Make it in normal single pages. Paying a print service to split it could be expensive or impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines