• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to print PDF in inverted colours?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just received a large (140 page) pdf that I am meant to print before a training course. The pdf is of a powerpoint presentation (I do not have the powerpoint files), and each page has a black or dark blue background with white text. I would like to save on ink, and also enable myself to use pens or pencils to take notes on the printed document, by printing this document with the background white and the text black.

I have used Adobe Reader DC's Edit -> Preferences -> Accessibility -> Document Colors Options -> Replace Document Colors to make the change I am looking for when looking at the document on my computer screen. When I go to print this, the Adobe Reader DC print preview window shows that the document will print as I am hoping (white background, black text). When I actually print a page or two to test, the pages print as the original document looked (black background, white text).

I have tried printing pages with two different physical printers (a Sharp and a Xerox) as well as "Microsoft Print to PDF" using all of the different "Replace Document Colors" options that are listed in Adobe Reader DC: Use Windows Color Scheme, use High Contrast Colors -> Black text on white, and custom color with the page back ground set to white and the text black. Note that I have had to uncheck the box "Only change the color of black text or line art" as most of my text is not black. I have looked but have not seen any relevant options in the printer options for the different printers. The two physical printers print as the original document looked. I tried printing with both printers set to "print in grayscale", and I tried the Xerox with "print in colour"; did not help.

When I open the new pdf produced by "Microsoft Print to PDF", everything looks the same as the view I had of the other PDF (with the colors inverted), except that the banner is now black and the text is white. If switch off "Replace Document Colors" in Adobe Reader DC on this new PDF, it looks the same as the original pdf with the colours unverted, except that it is now black and white  (likely because I chose to print in black and white).

Is there any way to achieve what I am looking for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any chance are your trying to print the ASAM eLearning Handouts for DATA? Because I'm having the same issue. I am at my wits end because all of the power points are saved as images and won't invert. They print black and white or grayscale with huge amounts of black ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If You have Adobe Reader DC's Prodo the following:

file-> export to-> microsoft powerpoint presentation

when it is produced as Powerpoint make print and in the options of printing make the option of coloring like the captured photo below:

and i hope it will print the way you need.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines