The only hyperlink in my PDF resume, which goes to my LinkedIn page, does not work. I have an "email link" elsewhere in the document, it works correctly. I do notice that when I mouse-over the hyperlink, I only see a "edit text cursor." When I mouse-over the email link, I see the "glove" symbol.
Macbook Pro, 2016
OS X, High Sierra, ver. 10.13.2
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, ver 2018.011.20038 . (ver of Acrobat Reader where hyperlink doesn't work)
Microsoft Word for Mac, ver 16.11.1 (I'm exporting the doc. as a PDF from here)
Is the full URL printed on the page, or is it a hyperlink? If the latter it's an issue with how the file was created, so a Word issue.
If the former then you need to make sure it's the full link, including "http://".
I received another opinion about this.
It was suggested that it's because I'm not using Acrobat Professional (Just Reader)
Since you don't have Acrobat it means you are using the PDF creation capabilities of Word, as the free Reader is not capable of creating PDF files. You should get better results with Acrobat.
I have created a PDF file with three hyperlinks in it that work fine when I email, text, or messsge it to others.
However, none of the links work when I post the PDF file on LinkedIn.
How do I get the links to work in the PDF file when posted on LinkedIn?
I am having the same, similar issue.
I have created a resume in Adobe XD. The links to my Behance work just fine.
The link to email also fine.
The link to Linkedin, works in when I select the |> to view in adobe xd. And in prototype.
But as soon as I export to PDF. The linkedin links no longer work.
And any prototype hyper links to my portfolio from images are also gone.
Its somewhat maddening, especially because it seems to only be Linkedin at the moment.
Are you viewing the file in Adobe Acrobat/Reader, or in a browser?
I tried both, reader on the PC windows and browser on my chromebook.
I ended up finding a work around. For some reason when I attempted to Hyperlink either the text or via prototype mode a word, for example, "Linkedin" it would not work at all. When I changed the text to read www.linkedin.com/in/danaatwood/ and then linked it. It now works. But probably just because its a proper URL. Shrug.
I was also having issues with some images I was trying to link to my portfolio. I ended up burying the text behind the image and then hyperlinked it. But again, not sure why, I had to redo them so many times, I forgot how many. I would copy the direct url from my portfolio, paste it in and then export the pdf, wouldn't work.
Did it again, it would work. This went on for like an hour. I am still unsure if its a ghost in the machine or user error or a little of both.
I guess I just thought it would be easy. It was also weird that one would work, no issues. But another one wouldn't when they were set up exactly the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯