Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just want to install Adobe Reader.....without upsells

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to roll out Adobe Reader DC to all laptops within my org using Intune.  I downloaded the setup.exe applied it to Intune and it rolls out successfully.

But for some reason Adobe keeps upgrading it to Acrobat without warning after a week.  This changes the MSI GUID causing Intune to retry installing generating errors.  I know I can switch to file checking but the upgrade switches directories and .exes.  What a nightmare.

Does anyone know how I can just roll out Reader without Adobe trying to upgrade to Acrobat?

Adobe Reader is such a standard application for every org.  I'm surprised theres no documentation supporting such a simple task.  I just want to install reader and keep it lol.

Thanks,

Brad
TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader and Acrobat are the same application now. If you have a subscription for Acrobat it would switch to that mode. If you don't, it should remain as Reader. What do you mean by "upgrading it to Acrobat without warning after a week", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Parei de manda isso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines