• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need tech support

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the free trial of Acrobat Reader. I've been trying to edit my screenplay, which was going pretty good until I had to take a break. So I hit the Done button, but when I returned to complete it, the edits were gone. So I had to start all over again. This time when I needed to take a break, I simply closed my iPad, and continued where I left off. But when I took another break, when I returned, again those edits were erased. I've. Looked all over for those files, but can't find them. Please help. A phone call would be a lot more help. My number is [Removed by moderator]. Thanks, George Dean. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I removed your telephone number from the post. No one from Adobe is going to contact you privately, only scammers.

It's very important to understand that Acrobat is NOT a word-processing application and should not be used as one. If you want to write your script use software that was meant for it, or at the very least something like Word or even a plain-text editor. When done, convert the file to a PDF, but keep a copy of the original, in case you want to make changes in the future.

What you're trying to do is bound to fail, or at the very least be very difficult and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really, I agree, there is NOTHING BUT PAIN if you try to use Acrobat as the main editor for your screenplay.

Use Word. Or Google Docs. Or something else made for editing. ALWAYS keep the original. Save a PDF when you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines