• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I uninstalled Acrobat Reader immediately and won't install it ever again.

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to help out a friend I made the grave mistake of downloading and installing Reader.  Only to find that Adobe had bundled two different McAfee programs with it, without first asking if I wanted that.  Bad business practice.  Bad IT.  Just bad all around.

Then after that, I started the software, and instead of it being immediately useful for me, it had unavoidable popups and nonsense which literally prevent the user from using the software until those popups are dealt with.  Again, terrible design.  Bad IT.

I immediately closed it and uninstalled all of it.  I won't be downloading it again.  I'm going to the open source alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the experience. As mentioned you got two additional McAfee programs installed with Acrobat Reader DC.

Would you mind sharing the link you have used to install the application? Generally we have the check boxes to check/uncheck the option to install the optional offers. As shown in the screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines