• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want an option to open a document not to save it.

Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a document in email, for example, adobe only gives me options to save, save as, or cancel.  I don't want to save, only to open.   Don't want to save most things.  How do I get it to let me only open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forum Lounge is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to the correct program forum

This forum is not about help with programs... a program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't make email software. 

Are you saying your email client prompts you to save attached files before opening them?  Well, um... that's how computers work.  Attached files must be saved otherwise it's impossible to view them.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

. Attached files must be saved otherwise it's impossible to view them.

...with some email software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its offen the case that you don't have any software listed to open that type of file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When I open a document in email, for example, adobe only gives me options to save, save as, or cancel.  I don't want to save, only to open.

Answer is in the question…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to view a PDF file it must be first saved on the local computer, even if only as a temporary file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines