Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to send mail from Adobe Reader DC

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the last update, it's impossible to send email from Adobe Reader DC via Outlook 2019. We have a blank screen when we click to send mail.

See the capture

Help me please.

Capture2.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Please try relacunhing the application and machine.

Could you please confirm the Reader DC version installed on the machine?

Are you using the application on Windows or Mac? Please share th OS version.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Relaunching the application or the machine is not enough to solve the problem.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version: 2021.007.20091.
OS versions: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607 (RDS sessions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole network of 50 computers has this exact same problem after the latest windows 10 pro updates.

Fixed (only on some more urgent PCs) by installing an old version of adobe reader (2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we are actively investigating the issue you have started facing with the latest Acrobat update.

Would like some more information from you -

1- Do you see blank view when you click on Home->My Computer or Home->Document Cloud also? 

2- Could you please check what is the folder path shown in "CEF_DIR" key at the following registry -
(if you have Adobe Reader) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Installer or
(if you have Adobe Acrobat) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Installer?

and if that folder path actually exists on your machine?

To check the above registry, please go to Start->type "regedit" and press <ENTER> key. This will open registry editor. 

Thanks for your patience,
-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

1- No Blank view

2-the path shown in "CEF_DIR" is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\acrocef_32" for Adobe Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted one more piece of information -  are you using Reader on a Win server machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case: NO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter with RDS sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to definitively solve it like this (for now):

The procedure is:
- correct the adobe installation
- disable cloud saving
- restart the pc

It seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how you disabled cloud saving? Ive been googling it for an hour and havent found anything useful and cant find the settings that are mentioned. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Show Online Storage When Saving Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didnt fix it for me. It worked again for a single email then started giving errors again. It looks like I would have to do that full process between each PDF I would need to send. I did notice that in Task Manager, several instances of "Adobe RdrCEF (32-bit)" are running and eating away at CPU and Memory usage. Looks like something is wrong with its registry key causing it to hang and buffer endlessly till the program crashes after a couple minutes. This happens every time I click the email button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idem for me. Multiple Adobe RdrCEF process and folders on the Adobe Reader install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole network of 50 computers has this exact same problem after the latest windows 10 pro updates.

Fixed (only on some more urgent PCs) by installing an old version of adobe reader (2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ave having this issue at my company as well. Multiple people across multiple departments! Also this same blank bug is happening when the user trires to save as the pdf also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

definitely fixed by installing the 64bit version of Adobe Reader

thanks to Adobe team for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution on this issue? - we're haivng alot of users with this issue.
Have tried multiple things, but nothing a probally working for us. Such as, reinstallation Adobe, checking for missing updates, disable cloud savings and installed 64-bit instead of 32-bit.

All computers are fully updated to 21h1. It worked for a while, when we installed the 64-bit version, but stopped again...

This is very unstable, and we hope that there will be a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
We also still have problems with sending it by email and saving it as (white screen). 32bits and 64bits version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with the Adobe Acrobat DC on a PC of one of our users. Tried several things, until I bumped into the following known issue on site of Adobe: "Send Mail. Problem: Not able to use Outlook's other windows while outlook Draft message window is active (launched through Send File as attachment).[3829341]".

So, I closed a draft message in Outlook and ... bingo ... send via email worked in Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines