• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat Pro at the same time

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Azure Virtual Desktop infrastructure running virtual machines with Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops. We have multiple users accessing each virtual machine.

Some of our users require Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and some require Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

It appears that once Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is installed, it removes Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the virtual machine. Is there anyway to have both installed in parallel so that users are able to use either version based on their needs.

If possible I'd prefer to not split my virtual machines into VM's with only Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and VM's with only Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks in adance.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Installing Acrobat does not remove Reader. It is possible, though, that it conflicts with it, for example when it comes to the default application used to handle PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Acrobat does not remove Reader. It is possible, though, that it conflicts with it, for example when it comes to the default application used to handle PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also found that it conflicts with opening PDF's in internet explorer. If you have any programs that open them in internet explorer a non DC user will not be able to because they don't have a sign in for DC which is prioritized over Reader for the PDF Reader in IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys,

We found that uninstalling / reinstalling has fixed the issue and both are now behaving 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat a couple days ago and now I am unable to install Reader for the first time.  From your experience, would you guess that if I uninstall Acrobat, then install Reader, then re-install Acrobat I might get past this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what still might work = parallel installation of the 32-bit-version of Adobe Reader and older Pro Acrobat versions. full offline installer download availabe: https://get.adobe.com/de/reader/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and then installed Adobe Creative Cloud and installed Adobe Pro, but the install of Adobe Pro seems to have removed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Now when the non-licenced Adobe users try to open PDF files it opens in Adobe Pro and demands a login for an Adobe account with a licence for Adobe Pro.

I re-installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC after installing Adobe Pro and both seem to have stayed functional. I can then set in Default Apps the Adobe Reader for the non-licenced Adobe users and log as a licenced Adobe user and log into Adobe Pro and set that as the default app for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines