Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient data for image

Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an update to version 10.1.4.  My previous version was 10.1.23.  After the upgrade , I started to receive an error message insufficient data for image.  This is the first time this error appeared so it has to be related to the new version.   I unistalled this version and installed version 9, the problem went away.  Is anyone else having this issue or is there a fix for this issue? 

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Hi all

Acrobat engineering would like to inform users facing this issue that the latest Reader XI release (available for download from http://get.adobe.com/reader) fixes this problem. Users are requested to download the latest version at the earliest to avoid encountering this error going forward. As mentioned earlier, the team is working actively towards fixing the problem in earlier versions (10.x and 9.x) as well and expects to deliver a solution by Q1 2013.

For more information, please see ou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends.

This issue was discovered in the middle of August by many Adobe users. Almost anyone, who has Adobe, has updates set to automatic and get this 10.1.4.38 release silently.

All my customers - major banks, escrow and title companies - all of them use Adobe Acrobat, and after that update could not read files from scanner because that issue.

Today is October 8th, and such credible company as Adobe could not produce any hotfix or patch to fix it?

Shame on you, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has done a lot of rework in Acrobat/Reader 11 to be more Citrix friendly.

Highly recommend everyone move to 11 if possible.  Having worked with Enterprise customers, they are seeing huge improvements.

If you do see what seems to be resource issues, please do take care in isolation on Citrix especially if you are attempting to get a crash log.

1.) Isolate the user who crashed (which farm and which server)

2.) Capture resource consumption via Task Manager screen shots so we can take a look.

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm still struggling with this insufficient data issue on Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.10 Can anyone tell me how to make the pdf viewable? it seems to only effect pdf's created in my QuickBooks system online so maybe its a fix for them to deal with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ianpaull, I am having the same issue but I am not using Quick books. I am using an in-office program which converts files to a PDF. I'm trying to save the files to my computer and getting the same error message. I'm also getting this message, "This document could not be saved. There was a problem reading the document, (21).

Have you found a fix yet? This issue just started.I've tried updating Adobe and using the repair tool with no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer

I havent found a fix yet. I've forwarded the issue to QuickBooks yet again

and asked that they look at it

Good luck

Ian

IAN PAULL, DIRECTOR

E ian.paull@knockoutprint.co.uk <mailto:ian.paull@knockoutprint.co.uk>

T +44 (0) 1892 839926

M +44 (0) 7825 792029

Principal House, Hop Pocket Lane

Paddock Wood, Kent TN12 6DQ

W www.knockoutprint.co.uk <http://www.knockoutprint.co.uk>

<https://twitter.com/KnockoutPrint>

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knockout-Print/276457932412641?ref=hl>

<http://www.linkedin.com/company/knockout-print>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having same problem with version 11.0.10 with documents created in Esker's vsifax. Hoping Adobe is monitoring and has an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, if anyone can share a file (NOT EMAIL) it may be useful to identify where the fault lies. The rules for PDF are clear so it should be possible to decide if the PDF or the Reader is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as Ian Paul. Went from desktop Quickbooks to online version and now pdfs are unreadable due to "insufficient data for image".  Spent 45 min on phone today with Quickbooks customer support, they logged into my computer remotely and said "there are four files on your system that are preventing these PDFs from being rendered properly."  They said if I purchased one year tech support from them for $199.00 or a one-time tech support from them for $149.00 they could find a way to blI I these four programs from interfering with the QB images (PDFs). The interesting thing is that this is literally a brand new computer just out of the box as I expanded my business and opened a new location. I am not sure why a brand new PC would have issues that needed to have a "work around" provides to solve. We also use three other PC's and two MAC's to access QB and they are all having the issue.  For some reason, when I view the image on my iPhone 6plus (iOS 8.1.2) I can see the images just fine. It's only on desktops and laptops I am having issues. I have the file and would be happy to share it, but can't Seem to figure out how to attach it to this post.

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the "Insufficient date" issue in QuickBooks 2015 when sending an invoice. It was OK in 2013. I have removed the logo and a qr code from the invoices. That has solve the issue for now.

The pdf's are made in QuickBooks by Amyuni PDF creator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file you can use for testing but is there somewhere else I can send it as it's not something that should be posted here.  I appreciate your help.  I would just really like to know if this is an issue with the program or the document.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The amount of spam I am getting has escalated significantly. I have had to resort to this method of verification. The message you sent requires that you verify that you are a real live human being and not a spam source.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bill

To complete this verification, simply reply to this message and leave

the subject line intact.

The headers of the message sent from your address are shown below:

[Removed as user's request by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a human.  Thanks.

Jesse Miller

Service Delivery Manager

Nimble Systems

[personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The amount of spam I am getting has escalated significantly. I have had to resort to this method of verification. The message you sent requires that you verify that you are a real live human being and not a spam source.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bill

To complete this verification, simply reply to this message and leave

the subject line intact.

The headers of the message sent from your address are shown below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the only way to get rid of your personal information is to Report Abuse and use the Private Information reason.  I have done so for #61.  Apparently you can not report abuse of your own post so can you please do the same for me on #62.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to "fix" the problem after reading about it in a number of other threads. It seams that the image became corrupt along the way. I went back to the original image and re saved it & reloaded it in the QuickBooks program. It is now working. I also made the image file size as small as I could.

Also can you please remove my personal information in #61?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having problems with this. I run Adobe Acrobat 10.1.13. I constantly pull multiple pdf's together into one document. When I try to save, I get this error. I can't find any way to fix it. I've tried optimizing; it doesn't help. The pdf's will open individually in Reader without a problem. They will open in Acrobat without a problem, but when I save them, I get an error. If anyone has found a workaround for Acrobat X, please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro XI versions 11.0.21.18, and got this problem for the first time this week when viewing and trying to print a scanned, 82 page document (Aug 2017).  There are about 16 pages that are blank, which originally had text content; the PDF scan was made a few years ago, not by me. 

When I save the affected PDF file as a Optimized PDF or Reduced File Size PDF (as suggested in the KB document for this issue, link atop this thread in green 'answer' post), the page text is partially recovered, but the bottom potions of the previously-blank pages now are black rectangles (sometimes a half, a quarter, or three-quarters).  Have others found this happening in Acrobat Pro XI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines