• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with the Certificates tool using a national ID (Acrobate Reader DC)

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have been using the Certificates tool in my company to sign PDF documents with our national ID for more than a year now. Everything was running smoothly; on Windows and Mac. Since early December 2018 this has stopped functioning on my Mac. So I performed the following investigation:

1) My ID is still recognized by my Mac on a third party app

2) I can sign on my colleagues Windows PC

3) My colleague's ID is not signing on my Mac

4) Finally, I tried signing on my personal Mac which is not running the latest OS version (to see if this might be an OS version issue); it is not working

So proceeding by elimination I conclude that the issue is between Acrobate Reader DC and Macintosh. Is anyone experiencing the same issue ?

Cheers,

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are unable to sign pdf using certificates on mac machine, is that correct?

check if an update is available for reader using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and check.

Could you let us know what happens when trying to sign pdf? Is there any error message?

Also, let us know dot version of reader installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Shivam thank you for responding. My Acrobat Reader DC was effectively not up to date. So after updating my version is: 2019.010.20069

Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I have the following window when trying to sign:Capture d’écran 2019-01-15 à 10.37.17.png

Which says in French to configure a numerical ID, but since I am using a national ID card (Belgium) there is normally no configuration to be done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the complete error message(in english) you are getting when trying to sign the pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually do not get an error message; the software just do not detect my ID card. I guess the issue is with a Macintosh update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message I get is :

" This signature field requires an identity by numerical signature.
    Do you want to configure on now ? "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines