• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Korean font broken

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received a pdf file containing Korean fonts. It only shows alphabet character and arabic numbers with Korean characters all broken into long dots when opened in Acrobat Reader on macOS (Big Sur 11.6).

opened in acrobat reader.png

It shows all the Korean fonts in google though.

opened in google.png

I have downloaded and installed extended Asian language font pack but it didn't change anything.

Please advise how to fix this problem. Thanks.

TOPICS
Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eunjin Park 

I assume, you are experiencing this problem with a specific document when you are trying to add comment.

You may try installing the Font Pack-

Mac- Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Macintosh : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous)

Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Macintosh

Based on the sample you posted, it looks like it would be easier to assign a proper CJK font and use a GREP style to find and set those PCxxx and Xx patterns to Univers.

Let us know if it still doesn't help.

Regards,

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

font pack downloaded and installe but nothing changed.

Sorry, I didn't get the second part of your reply - could you put that in layman's terms please? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've installed the specific font the error message says missiing and restarted the Mac - now I can read Korean characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines