• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lack of "Bookmark" function in pane buttons

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the screenshot shown below, there are only five panes in all without "bookmark". How could I add a bookmark funtion on Reader DC, the latest edition?

virginiayu_0-1593328352720.png

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

If there are no bookmarks in the PDF you have opened, then there is no reason for Acrobat Reader to show a bookmark pane. So it saves useless clicks by removing it. Acrobat (paid for) always shows the bookmark icon because you can add bookmarks too. Acrobat Reader cannot add bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are no bookmarks in the PDF you have opened, then there is no reason for Acrobat Reader to show a bookmark pane. So it saves useless clicks by removing it. Acrobat (paid for) always shows the bookmark icon because you can add bookmarks too. Acrobat Reader cannot add bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand the answer above - if I dont see the bookmark symbol it is not able to add it anymore? I have the same PDF document but before (upgrade) I did see it. Why not now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not exactly. 
1. Acrobat Reader cannot add bookmarks

2. This file has no bookmarks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines