• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low quality PDF text (PDF generation from Microsoft Word 2016)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

My boring problem is that text for some reason looks very bad.

The applications involved here are: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Microsoft Word 2016.

I'm generating a PDF file from Word 2016. It's a simple text. However, the PDF started to have a low-quality text compared to the same text I exported to PDF some days ago, in the same computer.

I`ll show you.

This is an image of the PDF document generated some days ago, with a good look of the text.

Now, an image of the PDF document generated today, from the same text file and the same way.

The two PDF files were generated from Word 2016, in the "save as PDF" option.

If you notice, there is a quality distortion in the second image of the text. I want to remind you that this is the same Word file.

I've already tried adjusting the resolution and rendering options in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, but nothing changes.

I also did a research in this forum and the subject that came closest to mine, this is the one that is on the link Text quality issue.​, in which alexeym17304387 had a similar problem.

Do you think it could be a problem with Adobe Reader DC? Or a problem with Word?

The version of Adobe Reader DC is 2017.009.20044.

The Office is the 2016 version, and the updates are complete.

I already tried switching to the XI version of Adobe Reader, but the resolution only got worse.

If you can help me, I'll be very grateful.

Regards,

João

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Reader is not involved in the process of creating the PDF file. It's Microsoft technology.

You should report this issue to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader is not involved in the process of creating the PDF file. It's Microsoft technology.

You should report this issue to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will, thanks for the advice on this 5 year old post, but the original poster did not have Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines