• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

March 2021 Reader update won't print some PDFs in Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me why this PDF won't print using Acrobat Reader on some Windows 10 machines? These have been printing using all versions of Reader for 5-6 years on hundreds of PCs. I have attached a sample PDF and PreFlight report. The file is rendered accurately but won't print. On some computers it looks like it was sent to the print spooler, but nothing prints. Some users report that it prints blank pages.

(The form is created in HP PCL including the data fields and then converted to PDF.)

Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a recent Windows 10 update in early March that seriously broke printing in any number of ways, depending upon printer model, driver, etc. and sometimes even resulted in a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death system crash and reboot)! This not only affected Acrobat (Reader, Standard, Pro), but other applications as well.

Last week, Microsoft issued yet another Windows 10 update that allegedly fixed the problem. Try seeing if there is an available update (it might say optional, but it really should be mandatory) and apply it. Perhaps that will fix this problem.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can print other PDFs on my Win 10 computer using Reader. Only the type of PDFs included in my original post are an issue. Is there anything in the PDF I included in my original post that could be the issue?

The last update of my Win 10 was 12/13/2020. I'm including the versions of Windows 10 and Adobe Reader attached here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See attached for Window 10 and Reader versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines