• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metafile download failed error message

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install Adobe Reader or Flash I get a partial install then it error with the following error message.

Metafile download failed error

I've tried installing on several computers with the same result. Some with Windows XP 32bit and some with Windows 7 64-bit.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me.  0% downloaded, metafile download failure.

Behind my corporate firewall with proxy server, Win7, tried it with both Explorer 8 and Firefox 5, no joy

with either browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also behind corporate firewal, WIndows 7 64-bit and Vista 32-bit. Metafile download failed on Adobe Reader and Flash Player, although Shockwave Player installation worked. Under IE8 --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN settings it said Automatically detect settings and Use automatic configuration script with an autoconfiguration script specified. I temporarily disabled both of those and used an explicit proxy server specification and then both the Reader and Flash Player installations worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem .......... download 33% complete then 'Metafile Downlaod Failed'........ this is my home PC so I'm not behind a corporate firewall or connected to a proxy etc.

Can anyone help me get 10.1 downloaded pls?

I have Windows 7 ona 64 bit machine.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got with Adobe support and he sent me something to fix the issue that worked.

Linda Sue Toy   HDIS - FISO

Director - Information Services

Havasu Regional Medical Center

928-505-5761 Office

928-854-0099 Fax 

The information contained in this transmission is legally privileged and confidential, and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same 33% metafile blah blah blah.

You would expect such a top tier outfit like adobe to have there house in order.

Or at least after months of errors GET their house in order.

But NO, september 23rd here, 2011.

I would urge folks not to rely on adobe to provide a reader for some good reasons, as explained above.

Try linux, todays flavors of linux come with pdf readers that dont install mallware or advertise in your browser bar nor spam your emails.

stay safe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines