• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating PDFs from my USB to my new SSD

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently made a decision to buy a 2TB Samsung T7 in order to get actual long-term storage. I attempted to do so with two 1TB USB drives that I got over the course of 2 years before they each reached a certain limit, like 7-10% of their memory space, where I started experiencing some kind of error message, like a multi-volume error set message, a message that tells me that I can't open any new PDFs that I download, or some error message relating to corrupted files.

Needless to say, I eventually found out that my problems were most likely because I was attempting to use a USB for long-term storage in both cases, and ones that weren't exactly from reputable brands either, when I should've been going for an SSD all along, since that type of hardware is far more suited for long-term storage.

Regardless, I now have a 2TB Samsung SSD but I'm wondering if I should migrate my files from one of my USBs to my SSD. I'm trying to see if I can move my files to a hardware more suited for long-term storage, but I wonder if that will cause my new SSD to start getting error messages. I know it's most likely due to USBs being unsuited for long-term storage but I can't help but wonder if the problems I have on my USB will move towards my new SSD and ruin it if I decide to move them there. Though, at the same time, I'm not quite sure I want to take the time to download everything again, but this time onto my SSD.

For more info, this was my previous problem:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-files/recurring-usb-errors/a3a25450-f37...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?