• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing certain letters in documents

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was using Acrobat to develop a document, after I hit save, random letters will change from the letter to ?. I am using a font that my copy has purchased the right the use and I have installed the font to my laptop at some point. Could this be the reason?

What will be the best way to resolve this if I have to use this specific font for the document? Here are couple screenshots to help understand the problem. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 2.14.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-09 at 2.14.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-09 at 2.14.01 PM.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly did you create the file? And where are you viewing it (under what application and platform)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jocelyn M. 

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for posting your issue here. As you have mentioned that some letters are not showing properly in Acrobat. This could be because the fonts in your PDF may not be properly embedded.

Try going to Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Select "Use Local Fonts"> Turn it on if it's off, and off if it's on then restart the application. If that fixes it, try using a Preflight Fixup to embed the font, or it may not print correctly, regardless of how it looks in other viewers. You can confirm the font is embedded by going to File> Properties> Fonts.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue but this solution did not resolve my problem. Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those square characters are called tofu and used as some kind of placeholders for characters that aren't available in the used font. If you don't have the same font installed on your computer which was used by the particular PDF there won't be any effect turning on the usage of local fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines