Mouse/cursor changes in reader window to a specific Reader mouse/cursor

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I am not referring to the distinction between hand and select tool. I am referring to another problem:

I have set my own cursor scheme for Windows (Lefty Scheme) in Windows system settings. Every application accepts that but Adobe Reader. Whenever using the reader the mouse changes from a white arrow pointing to the upper right corner (lefty scheme) to a black arrow pointing to the upper left corner.

How can I change this? I want the Reader to use the Windows System setting.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Version 1709, OS Buils 16299.431 and Adobe Reader 2018.011.20038

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Hi Deperateuser,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There is no option by default to change the cursor settings in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

This is an as designed behavior. The cursor does not use the Windows System settings.

If you wish you may fill a feature request for this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deperateuser,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There is no option by default to change the cursor settings in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

This is an as designed behavior. The cursor does not use the Windows System settings.

If you wish you may fill a feature request for this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but why?  This kinda seems like insanity to force a user to use the exact cursor you want them to use.  And I obviously don't mean the fuction specific changes.  All operating systems have APIs for cursor interactions.  Why would you request your developers to design a whole new system of cursors in the application, ESPECIALLY when it is an application for READING dcuments.  This is insanity and a complete waste of resources.  Glad I paid hundreds of dollars to you guys over the years for great features like cursor disrespect.  And why a black cursor?  I don't use a Mac and I don't want it to feel that way either.  Seriously, what is going on over there?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding my voice to this very odd and serious problem. I have 3 monitors and have a terrible time finding the cursor when using Adobe Acrobat. I can hit the Cntrl button to "ping it", but even that is not very efficient. I am constantly going back and forth between software and monitors and have to play "find the cursor" every time I use your product. Ugh. Please, please change this. How hard could it be? Thanks for your consideration.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not only an inconvenience for some users but an ADA-compliance issue. I have an especially large cursor set up to help with my older eye sight, but Adobe's forced cursor makes PDF use difficult, at best. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's baffling why they decided to use their own cursor scheme. I've changed my settings on Windows to make it easier for me to see and Acrobat basically undoes all my customisation, it's a pain.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More likely Adobe would need to be pay for the right to use Windows *.dll or pay additional monies for the validation process!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines