• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Use Both Reader and Pro on One Machine

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. As the title reads, I hope to be able to find a way to install both Acrobat Reader and Pro on a computer, or some similar result.

The reason for it: One person who uses the computer in question does graphic design work. They also have a work computer (elsewhere), and a server that is also frequently used for some things. They are the only user with an Adobe Creative lisence, and other people who use the machine have become unable to open PDF files.

It used to function this way, but has quit doing so (by design, apparently, looking at other dicussions). When I tried reinstalling Reader I received the following message: Old/New Acrobat version already installed.

Is there any way to make this work? No one else needs the ability to edit, or otherwise manipulate, PDFs like that, but they do. Other than them, all we need is the ability to read PDF files.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. Sorry for the delayed response.

Per the description, I understand that you want different users to work on the same system with additional tools to access Acrobat.

In general, if a licensed user logs out from the application and a different user logs in without any subscription, the application is designed to convert itself to a reduced mode so that the user can work with just the reader's abilities.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines