• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer able to change scale ratio on Acrobat Reader

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, when I have wanted to change the scale ratio in Acrobat Reader, I would select the measuring tool and then right-click on my document to get a menu from which I would select "change scale ratio."

Starting this week, the "change scale ratio" option disappeared from the right-click menu. Screenshot below of the menu I get when I right-click.

Is anyone else running into this problem? MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1, Acrobat Reader v2024.002.20736.Change scale ratio gone.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Hello All!

I hope you all are doing well, and we're sorry for your trouble.

Please try the registry settings below and let us know if they work for you. Please ensure you take a backup of the existing registry before making any changes. For more info on backing up on Windows, see this article. For Mac, see this article.

MAC :

Path: ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Reader/plist

Registry:  DC/FeatureLockdown/bNewMegaverbRCMExp(boolean) = True

AnandSri_0-1715952542995.png

WIN:

Path :

• 32 bit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Mac? This solution does not work on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!

I encountered the same issue and resolved it by following these steps:

1. Go to File.
  2. Select Disable New Acrobat Version.
  3. The application will restart, reverting to the old version, which is more stable and less buggy.

This worked on Windows 10 with Adobe Reader 64-bit. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.  this really saved me from many annoying calculations.  Just want to add for the less tech savvy that Disable New Acrobat Version is located in the drop down for the "hamburger" in the top left.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow thanks that was easy you saved me hours of frustration 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I hope you all are doing well, and we're sorry for your trouble.

Please try the registry settings below and let us know if they work for you. Please ensure you take a backup of the existing registry before making any changes. For more info on backing up on Windows, see this article. For Mac, see this article.

MAC :

Path: ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Reader/plist

Registry:  DC/FeatureLockdown/bNewMegaverbRCMExp(boolean) = True

AnandSri_0-1715952542995.png

WIN:

Path :

• 32 bit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\
  • 64 bit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\

Registry : bNewMegaverbRCMExp(REG_DWORD) = 1 (to disable)

AnandSri_1-1715952583684.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AfternoonAnand

Can you explain further what the key 'bNewMegaverbRCMExp' does? 

Does it fix the original issue 'No longer able to change scale ratio on Acrobat Reader' or something else? 

Many thanks in advance.

Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File -> disable new acrobat reader

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an option in the left corner settings drop box which i think was listed as" disbable the new adobe experience "  This has taken me to an old version with the tool repaired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully this doesnt trigger a fix from adobe, but ill share what worked for me. I'm on a macbook pro (sonoma 14.5) with an external trackpad and docking station. And using adobe reader.

Open a normal pdf file in reader. Go to left, and select the Measure Objects option.

When you do that, a floating toolbar (for me anyway) opens up and says Snap Types and Measurement Types at the top (right for me, maybe different for you). In that box, I click on the distance measuring length tool (also perimeter tool works). ANd I made a measurement using three clicks (one to start, one to end, and third to anchor the line that shows the length of the measurement). Hover your mouse over that measurement until your mouse goes from a cross to an arrow, indicating you are about to click on that line and change its settings. Right click on that line and you get a dropdown that starts with 'Reply', and the line will then be surrounded by a box. Dont click any of those options (and keep that option window open), but move the mouse off of that measurement and outside of that box that is highlighted, surrounding that newly measured line that you made. then right click anywhere on that PDF that is NOT on that box. Once you right click, you should see the familiar dropdown box that starts with: Change Scale Ratio and Precision. Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines