• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

October 21 update breaks Adobe Reader

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since October 2021 update we get more and more users on Windows 10 Pro complaining about inability to open PDFs in Internet Explorer 11 that is used to access legacy web sites. Also, Adobe Reader DC shortcut icon changes its name to Adobe Acrobat DC and appears in programs list as Adobe Acrobat DC.

This is a major issue for us as users do not have administrtor permission to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader to fix this, so the helpd desk gets flooded with this requests.

I contacted Adobe support about this, and the response was that Adobe Reader is a free product, and although we pay for a number of Adobe Pro and Adobe Standard subscriptions, the only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader.

When you try to uninstall you get a message that another Adobe install is running and you have to allow to revert the changes. But after completing that and getting Adobe Reader shortcut icon back, you are still unable to open PDFs in Internet Explorer, and still have to uninstall and re-install Adobe Reader to fix that.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vardan5C73 

Hope you are doing well.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm if you are still facing the issue? We need a bit more information from your side.

1. Are you using 32 or 64 bit systems?

2. Can you share the screenshots as well?

3. Please share the details of OS and applications versions?

We will be waiting for your response. Once we've got that information from you, we can take a closer look.

Regards

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ria Tagra.

Thank you for such a late response.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

As this is a month old post, I suppose the  application versions are probably different now, but I still get Adobe brocken randomly here and there.

I dont have screenshots at this time.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines