• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Adobe home page instead of document when printing

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed a VB script that will print all the pdf attachments in an Outlook Inbox.  When I run this script the documents will appear as a list on the Adobe home page (see below) and the spool the output to the printer. When I run this script on other PC's, it opens up the pdf document and spools the output to the printer.  If there are 40 documents, 40 pdf documents are open on the screen. How do I just print the documents without opening them?  

Here is the VB script used to print the documents: Shell """C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\acrord32.exe"" /h /p """ + FileName + """", vbHide

PDF_Home.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documents are always opened and left open, at least in recent releases. That's by design, though nobody has ever made be think it's good design. Your PC doesn't seem to be working properly, if it closes them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but that is not what I've experienced.  I've had several other people navigate to a pdf document in a folder, right click on the document and click "Print".  The document will open briefly, print and then close.  You are left with the Adobe home page with a list of the documents you have previously printed like the screen shot I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines