• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open PDFs from Last Session Not Working

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W10 Pro 21H1 .... Free Acrobat Reader 2021.007.20091 ....

I have the boxes chk'd to -- Open Last Session's PDF tabs in the New Session -- AND -- Open documents as New Tabs in the same Window (Requires Re-Launch = I DON"T Understand that part)....

Last Session's tabs are NOT Opening; A Clk on a PDF Link at an online site shows it in its Own Window AND clk'ing on Taskbar Shtcut opens Reader with NO Prior TABS. 

HOW can I get last Session's tabs to Open Either when I clk a New PDF Link OR Open Reader from (ie) the Taskbar Shtcut?

Many Thanks!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

Hope you are doing well.

Have you recently checked the preferences setting for Open documents as New Tabs in the same Window after updating to the latest version or you have been using it in past too?

Requires Re-Launch = I DON"T Understand that part

This plays a very important role in order to apply the changes you made in preferences. So, if you have checked/unchecked any setting, you need to Close and Reopen the application once. So that the changes will reflect next time you work with a PDF file. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Reply.

I repeated your suggestion that I KNOW I had done multi-times prior and it DID work.

What is confusing is that After Closing the App I Clk'd on a Folder PDF that is one of the 4-PDF Tabs I closed with, and the App Opened showing ONLY THAT one Tab just Clk'd.

Later I repeated that PDF Click and I DISCOVERED there was a "one-thousand-and-one" 5-second Delay Before the 4 Tabs Opened, and subsequent openings are showing the 4-Tabs after just a 2-Second Delay.

I'm i5 w- 12 GB Ram with Nothing but Firefox opened......

I WISH that when Opening a New PDF that IT would populate to the Far Right of the Prior Opened Tabs, BUT it opens as the 1st Far Left Tab. On prior attempts this would happen but on the next Close / Re-Open it would appear Far Right, bit Today it stays Far Left.

I'll try this awhile and Appreciate Your Reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clk'd on a saved PDF in Exporer and got JUST That single PDF - the prior session tabs were gone.

Also, I'm back to clkk'ing a PDF link and it first populates Far Left - Close App and re-open and subsequent PDFs opened are Far Right as desired - Reader is very unpredictable but being Free I can't complain.

I don't expect a solution and will try to live with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Free Reader Also Opens a "Just Clk'd Link" BUT -- (IF other Previous Tab(s) happen to show when Reader is opened -- while first viewing the New Tab the App Then switches to the most Far Right Tab previously Opened. Irritating but maybe an Update will remedy this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines