• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening PDF from apps

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open the User manual from apps containing the link in their menu. Reader DC is my predefined app for opening PDF files in Windows 10.

No problem when I select e.g. Edge as predefined app.

Example:

menu.jpg

Reader DC is present as a process in background, and I need to manually terminate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I can set the reader for opening these pdf files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jerdo,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, what is the error message you are getting while opening the PDF files? Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help menu>check for updates. Reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Make sure that the PDF file that is user manual is downloaded locally and then try to open it with Adobe Reader desktop application.

If the issue persists, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1900820081/

Reboot the machine after installing Adobe Reader and check.

What happens when you open any other PDF file with Adobe Reader? Is it specific to one PDF?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines