• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlook hangs after DC opens PDF

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who is trying to open PDF attachments in Outlook 365. PDF attachments will open a window and the document or image actually appears, but after about 10-15 seconds, Reader DC displays "Not Responding" at the top of the window, and Outlook hangs. To gain control of Outlook again, one has to exit Outlook and restart the app.

I've tried going to Acrobat Reader DC and unclicking "Show onlin estorage when opening files", "Show online storage when saving files", and Show me messages when I loaunch Acrobat Reader", and the problem remains. I tried doing a repair install and also a full uninstall/reinstall of Acrobat Reader DC and this did  not solve the problem. 

The user can save the PDF attachments and then open them  from File Manager, but it would be a lot  more efficient to be able to open the PDF attachments form inside Outlook. 

Has anyone seen this happen and know of a fix?   

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines