Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf compare function

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey adobe-community,

I got several questions about the comparing function of Adobe Acrobat.
We want to use a software to compare signed customer contracts to their accordance with the unsigned contract we sent out. The process works like this: we set up a document as word file and convert it to a OCR searchable pdf file. Then we send it to  the customer and he should sign, scan and send it back.
Now we want to use Acrobat to compare the pdf file before and after the signing of the customer to check if the customer edited some parts of the contract. That's what we want to do.

My question is: if the customer has no OCR scanner and sends back a non-searchable pdf-file, does the correct comparing of the pdf files still work? So does Acrobat have a built-in software OCR function? Is it possible to compare non-OCR and OCR-containing PDF's without having trouble with the comparing? If yes do we need the Acrobat Pro license? Or is the comparing function of the pro version somehow "better" or more "reliable" than the comparing function of the free version?

i am happy to hear from you guys and sorry for my not perfect english.
hope you guys understand my question and are able to provide me some helpful information

best regards,
tim

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free Acrobat Reader has no compare function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email-print-sign-print-email-back is really an old school process.

You should try this one instead: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/send-documents-for-electronic-signature.html

It will save you from having to check the signed documents.

You can use it with the free Acrobat Reader, a free trial is available: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernd Alheit: thanks for your hint! by myself I am using the pro version for years, so I didn't know. but that's not a problem, then we have to buy the pro license
@JR Boulay  i know electronic signatures are way better and easier than the old send,sign,scan process but due to different limitations and restrictions it is not possible to use electronic signature in our company at the moment. Unfortunately I am not in a position where I can make decisions to change existing processes or standards

but thanks for your help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- You must have Acrobat Pro to perform both OCR and to compare documents.

- It's very likely there will be a lot of differences found between the original and signed-printed-scanned-OCR-ed version. This is really not a reliable workflow. You should consider using digital signatures, as mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you too for your answer!
Like i said it is more or less impossible to just implement electronic signatures at the moment.

But okay then we need to find another way...
I think this thread can be closed. Thank you for taking your time!

Best regards and stay healthy,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines