• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's not printing black ink ?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HP 6520 Photosmart Printer and recently my printer has stopped printing anything black on a PDF---which is most of the text.

I am working on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2015 Release (which I just upgraded to today 4/20/16)

My printer will print word documents with black text perfectly, but will not print PDF's correctly. The black text appears to be grayed back when it prints, it's very very light and un readable, and I just installed new printer cartridges today and my ink supplies are full. Text that is a different color than black, or any colored logos print perfectly.

I do not know at this point if this is a bug with Adobe or with my printer--or a bad ink cartridge---but I am now on my third black ink cartridge, and it still is not working.

But if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Launch the PDF>File>Print.

Please check if 'Print in grayscale' is checked in the print dialog box.

Also click on Properties in the print dialog box>Paper/Quality>Select Black & White>Click OK to save changes.

See if this helps.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I had tried these options yesterday and they did not correct the situation.

What I did find on an Adobe post last night was to go to the Advanced tab of my printer and select "print as image"---and that allowed me to print, although the black text was broken with bits of other colors, but it did print. So I think I will use that for the time being.

Thanks,

Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  i do have the same problem but with an EPSON BX525WD running on the latest driver.

Adobe reader DC is running under OS X El Capitan.

The printer works perfectly all right with mails, other documents, browsers .... it copies all right it scans all right :  but it delivers a horrible PDF printout.  Looks like a needle printer 30 years ago with a used up ribbon.

I also tried the 'print as picture' option and it doesn't change anything. Same output.

Not even the activation of a gray scale print changes something !

And that happens with all PDFs; so it's not a question of a damaged document neither.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve that or knows how to officials address that issue with Adobe?

Terry's work around can't be the final solution.  Thx   Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of my students get historic needle printer results from various modern 1200 dpi laser printers.

Some printing experts spent many hours to solve it without success.

The only thing that seems to work is using the "registration" color for the black text and print the PDF from a different computer.

I've seen grey printed Black from Adobe products for decades, and I think it is completely berserk.

Wake up!

A black and white document with 100% black text should ALWAYS print as 100%black on a black and white printer.

Without having to go to preferences and change defaults.

Kill that black = grey idiots concept please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I know it's almost 5 years later, but my printer is doing the same thing. It won't print a pdf properly unless i do print as a picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact issue.  All documents in other programs print out just fine.  But in adobe acrobat, all pdfs are printing washed out.  Blacks are grays!!!! This is not good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After losing alot of time, changing cartriges and all, I found a way around. But it wont work if you have many pages.

I just print screen the document and printed from the image app (Irfanview). And it all looks normal. 

This is obviously something in Adobe, because all other prints look normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines