• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF won't save, Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a secured and confidential document (on my Macbook Air), but it won't let me. I've filled it in and when I click on save, it says "the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. please save the document with a different name or in a different folder". So I try the "save as" option and try to change the name of the document and where I save it, it tells me "the document could not be saved. bad parameter". I then try to reduce the file size and it tells me that "this pdf contains an adobe XML form. Such files cannot be optimized". 

If I try to start filling up the document all over again, it starts a whole other problem with my javascript. 

Can I  please get some help on saving this document. Thank you.

TOPICS
Mac , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anon1267834 

Thanks for sharing the detailed steps.

Regarding the file you refer to above, how did you receive it, and which application was used to open it?

If it's an attachment or uploaded to the cloud, can it download rather than save it?

Seems the patch of the file isn't allowing to do anything further. Also, its a secured one. 

When applying Save as try to save on a desktop or documents.

3rd option of reducing file size won't work, as its an XML/XFA form. 

~Aknachha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for answering. 

It is an immigration document from the official government of Canada site. The thing is, when I click on the document on the site, it opens a new page and says "If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document", which is the whole reason why I installed the Adobe Acrobate. 
And now that I did, when I open it with Adobe and fill it up, it won't let me save it. I also tried saving it on desktop or documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same problem. Have got any solution to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines