Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Handler Surrogate Host prevhost.exe error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting a prevhost.exe whenever i'm closing windows explorer.prevhost.exe error.png

It basically says in french : "The instruction at 0x00000 referenced memory at 0x0000. Memory state can't be read".

I'm using the latest version of Acrobat Reader 64bit. Also I did a sfc /scannow in windows cmd and everything was normal.

Thank you for your help,

Lucas.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lucastrdl9,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.

Would you mind sharing the scenario when you experience the error pop-up? Does it show up when trying to double-click on a PDF to open through Acrobat Reader or simply trying to open the application?

You may try the steps mentioned in the given link and check if it helps: Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

The error happens when I close the windows file explorer while I was previewing a .pdf file using adobe pdf preview handler. This is the only case where the pop-up happens. I followed the steps of the link you sent, so far the error still comes up.

Thank you,

Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lucastrdl9,

Would you mind checking the steps given in the below thread which has answers to a question similar to yours: Solved: Acrobat Reader application error: "The memory coul

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This thread doesn't really help me, since this person had an error when trying to print something. His solution is about running adobe in compatibility mode, but in my case, I can't do the same thing since the error comes from the prevhost.exe file related to Adobe and pdf preview.

Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lucastrdl9,

Have you checked with a new user admin account if the issue still persists?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Souvik,

The person encountering the problem is working with other people using the same software. But they don't encounter the prevhost.exe issue even though they preview many .pdf files in the windows explorer each day. I think that running another admin account on the pc isn't really helpful.

Let me know if you have another idea.

Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@lucastrdl9 Sorry to hear that you still experience the issue.

Would you mind sharing the log files with us for further investigation?

please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for more investigation.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines