• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print settings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE Printing settings are a nightmare. Even if i have FIT selected (in Page size) and the actual image shows a nice full text with almost no margins, Adobe still prints the text too small with a VERY LARGE right margin. Insane. I have playing with tons of settings. Scaling is off in my Brother settings. 

VirtualCitizen_0-1690663605578.png

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I can't edit my previous post because i am considered a beginner user). Just wanted to add that I also tried other settings without success such as Actual Size, 100%, 120%, Print as Image, etc. The columns and text of the PDF still do not print using the entire space like i want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Virtual Citizen 

You replied to a four-year old resolved thread and I have branched your post to a new thread for you.

I see that you are printing at 122% and the size is 11.69 x 16.53 inches.You say that you want the image to go edge to edge on the paper.

• What is the paper size that you have in your printer?
  • Can your printer do borderless printing?
  • If you fill a page with a black square and print, how close to the border does the ink come?
  • How many trays do you have in your printer? What are the other paper sizes?
  • I notice the green is spilling past the right edge. Is that part being cut off when you print?
  • Instead of "very large", how large is the right margin? (Measure it)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane

Yes i replied to an old post, which proves that similar issues can show up again. The green highlights were simply added with Snagit to show parts of the things i was referring to. 

I use a Brother laser multi function printer with 1 main tray to hold paper (if you exclude flap at the front for manual feed).

- Letter size paper

- I tried Fit, 100%, 122%

- I tried Portrait, Auto... and various Advanced Settings

- In one settings I could not changed the margins (stuck at 25mm both sides).

- My Brother printer drivers are updated when they come up in the notifications

I can print with very very small margins but never tested no margin.

It's mind buggling. It must be such an obvious settings hiding in plain sight. Or a Brother printer setting which is taking over the Adobe Reader PDF settings. ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines