• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a Blank Page

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions on the Internet have worked so far. Suddenly last week my users were unable to print reports and checks from Adobe Reader through the browser. But, they are able to print flat pdf files like a report with no fillable fields. When a user generates a report, it opens in Adobe Reader and they can see that everything is fine, however, when they do a "Print Preview," or try to print the document, the printer only prints 1 blank page; the report is 9 pages long. Same problem with printing and previeweing checks. However, if the same user generates a receipt (flat pdf), it previews and prints just fine. I am at the point where Only happens on random computers with the exact same specification.

Following is a list of things that I have already tried but nothing seemed to have made any difference:

(Systems: All Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i5, quad core, with at least 8GB RAM with latest updates)

-Windows 10 v2004 removed and reinstalled after realizing that it had no bearing on the issue

-Multiple browsers were used in the test (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera, and IE).

-Adobe Reader (latest) was removed and re-installed

-Older versions of Reader (2015 and 2017) were tested

-Security was completely removed from the computers

-Printer drivers were removed/re-installed

-Tweaked printer settings

-A new Windows user account was created; with administrative rights

-Different printers were used including Brother Laser, HP All-in-One, HP Laserjets, and Canon imageCLASS

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading my own post, I felt the need to clarify a little more. All computers have the same specifications and software applications installed on them, however, it will only happen to a few computers per office. So, for instance, 6 computers with the "carbon copy" specs will print the contracts and checks fineand suddenly 2 of them will stop printing and previeweing. I have also tested it with Windows 7 Pro x64 computers and it got the same issue.

At this point, I think is may be something with the software that they are using; the web-based program. The software may need configuration change or some permissions. If anyone has any words of wisdom, please share as I hve done all that I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems, my only solution is to use an extension like PDF Viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fergarcia, I don't think I follow your suggestion...sorry. Do you mean like a pdf extension so the file opens in a browser? If so, I have tried that it still prints just 1 blank page. I even tried other PDF software PDF Element and Nitro PDF which did not make a difference at all and that is the reason, I don't think it is related to Adobe. The tech support for the web-based software we use has been looking into it for over a month but haven't come up with a solution.

Until we have a solution, we are saving the document (from the browser to the folder on our desktops), opening the saved file in Adobe Reader, and printing from Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

But, there is already an existing issue with Microsoft's version 2004 which is disallowing users to print from Internet Explorer browser. They have acknowledged the issue, and even claimed to have provided a cumulative fix for the same; one can look for "KB4567523" in Microsoft's for more information and downloaing the same.

But, we tried with the latest Acrobat Reader on a similar configuration Win machine as yours with version 2004 but printing is working fine for other browsers.

As of now, please use the Chrome Extension available with recent Acrobat Reader's installation which would allow creating PDFs which can hence be printed from Acrobat Reader directly.

Please let us know, if anything is required from our end.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, none of what you mentioned has worked. As I mentioned in my first post, I have tried multiple Internet browsers with Adobe extension; Chrome won't even polpulate the fields in a Report or a Check. Also, this is happening not just on Windows 10 v2004. It has occurred in Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 v1903/1909.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. In or out of browsers, google docs, Microsoft, etc. It doesn't matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines