Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing pdf is very slow on network printer

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I print to the network printer in the office it is printing very slow. It lasts a long time before the print job has been sent to the printer, after sending the print job to the printer it lasts a very long time before the printer prints. It prints page 1 and than I have to wait 2 minutes before the second page prints.
Version of adobe reader is 9.1.

Can someone help me with this issue?

I am desperate.

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

If Adobe Acrobat Reader prints slowly try the following:

1.             Open a PDF file

2.             From the menu, select File > Print

3.             From the dialog displayed, click on the Advanced button at the bottom

4.             On the Advanced Print Setup dialog, make sure that “Let printer determine colors” is CHECKED.

5.             Click OK and OK to print the document.

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED

The problem for me was the WSD Port

This worked for me.

I am running Windows8.1 64bit

Photoshop CS4

You will need to know the printer's IP address. I was able to get mine from the printer control panel. It should look something like 192.168.0.102

Go to Devices and Printers (can be found in Control Panel)

Right click on the printer

Chose printer properties

Click on Ports

Click Add Port

Select Standard TCP/IP Port

Click New Port

Click Next

Enter the Printer's IP address from above

You can leave the port name as the IP Address or you can name it if you prefer

Click Next

Click Finish

Click Close

Click Close

Now Try to print something.

Good Luck!

If this helps anybody, please let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem for me! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For me, the solution to this problem of slow print was to check the option "PRINT IN GRAY SCALE (BLACK AND WHITE)". I had this issue with two HP 2055dn printers installed in a printer server, and just in some pdf documents was too much slow the print

See the screen:

solution.JPG

Douglas F. Alves

Hospital Estadual Américo Brasiliense

Américo Brasiliense - SP - Brasil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this is even an issue is complete BS. PDFs are supposed to be convenient: "portable document format." Half the employees here have quit using Acrobat because it's bloated, and some don't even use Reader for the same reason. PDF is no longer even portable - PDFs are often an order of magnitude larger than the same document in Word. 25 years ago, John Warnock wrote: ‘Imagine being able to send full text and graphics documents (newspapers, magazine articles, technical manuals etc.) over electronic mail distribution networks. These documents could be viewed on any machine and any selected document could be printed locally. This capability would truly change the way information is managed.’ I think Adobe has forgotten what the purpose of PDF was in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running an HP Laserjet 1320 on Mac OS 10.12.6 with new Adobe Reader DC, but this problem was previously intermittent. Have no "Advanced" button, or "Let printer determine colors" option. Printing some pdfs takes as much as 25 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO

MY LAPTOP PRINTS 60 TO 180 PAGES/MINUTE

STILL IT IS VERY SLOW FOR ME 

MY SPECIES ARE 4GHZ (6CORE) RYZEN 4600 H  

NAVIDA 1650 MOBLIE GRAPHICS CARD 

AGE 15DAYS

OS WINDOWS 10 HOME

PLEASE HELP THERE IS BARELY NO SPPED AT ALL I NEED 1000 PAGES.SECOND

THERE ARE NO VIRUS IN MY COMPUTER THIS PROGRAME REALY USES 1% OF CPU AND NEVER USED DEDICATED GRAPHICS CARD TILL NOW !!!!!!!

PLEASE INCREASE USAGE AND RELEASE 64-BIT PDF ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC

I AM USING ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC LATEST VERSION 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MORE OVER MY LAPTOP HAS SSD MINIMUM 500MB/S WHILE COPYING PDF UPTO 2500MB/S ADOBE PLEASE HELP ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing that this post has celebrated it's 12th birthday. 

I can print a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro at about 4 to 5 minutes a page, it's a 41 page document.

I tried it on Chrome & Firefox at about 20 to 30 seconds a page.  The quality is not up  to par.

I installed Acrobat Reader and printed at about 20 to 30 seconds a page with expected quality.

So vanilla install of Pro & Reader, one prints slow the other normal.  It's a good bandaid but not the cure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution to this multi year problem?  I am printing, on a Mac, to a HP M277 DW.  When I print a document with Preview or Chrome or virtually any other program, it prints quickly.  When I print with Adobe Acrobat, minutes go by before a document is printed.  I have tried to set the printer to determine color but that doesn't seem to have an effect on the issue.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I just followed the directions from 2009, and they worked! It was driving me crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, saved me hours. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My printer is going slow and that didn't work for me.  Its still printing one page a few seconds at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines