• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing PDF on network printer is slow

Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Multiple of our employees are struggling with Adobe Acrobat Reader when printing.

When they select the Print option, it takes up to 20, sometimes 30 seconds just for the Print Windows to appear. Then once I Print, it takes another 10 to 20 seconds to to send the job to the printer.

All my other Apps can print just fine and in 1 to 2 seconds. 

I have updated, uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe Acrobat Reader and the Printer Drivers to latest versions, to no prevail,

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that multiple employees are facing similar issues with Adobe Acrobat Reader when printing. After some research and troubleshooting, I found that there are a few adjustments that can help improve printing speed and performance. Here are three steps that worked for us:

1. Disable Print Preview

Sometimes, the delay in printing is due to the print preview function in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Disabling it can speed up the time it takes for the Print window to appear. Here’s how to do it:

• Open Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences.
  • Under the Print section, uncheck the option "Show Print Preview".

This can reduce the delay when launching the print window.

2. Optimize Print Settings

Changing the default print settings may help reduce the printing time as well:

• When printing a PDF, check Print as image in the print dialog box.
  • You can also try lowering the resolution or adjusting graphic options for faster processing.

3. Update Printer Drivers

Outdated printer drivers can sometimes cause delays in printing PDFs. Ensure that the printer drivers are updated to the latest version:

• Visit your printer manufacturer's website.
  • Download and install the latest driver for your printer model.
  • Restart the computer and test again.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, could you please share a screenshot of the error? That would help us diagnose the problem better.

Thank you and best regards, my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Johan38935309apjz 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. 

Can you please share Acrobat diagnostic logs for the slowness issue you are facing. Also, share printer driver details. Is it only one printer where issue is happening or multiple printers?

To capture logs please visit https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-diagnostics.html

Please upload the logs and share the ID which gets generated at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines