• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening a PDF file protected by DRM

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have an ACSM file, recently downloaded, and I used Adobe Digital Editions to download its content, so I got the PDF file protected by DRM. I can read it using the ADE programme, but if I try to open it by clicking twice on it, I get the following message (roughly translated into English): "Error opening the document. The plug-in needed to run this command is not available".

I'm using Adobe Acrobat DC (64-bit) 21.011.20039 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 in Windows 11 64 bits.

Any ideas? What am I missing? Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot in advance!

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems as if double clicking the ACSM file is opening Acrobat. You need to use Digital Editions only, there is no possibility to use these particular DRM protected files in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines