• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program won't quit!

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to quit Adobe Reader and it crashed.  Well...I attempted to CleanMyMac first, and then Adobe crashed.  I have a window opened up that I can't close, nor can I shut down/restart my computer because Adobe is still open.  Can anyone help me?

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.26.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Hello Leeb,

Sorry for the trouble, as per the description above, you are not able to close Adobe Reader as getting an error message "The application is out of memory", Is that correct?

Please try emptying the TEMP folder and see if that helps. This error usually occurs, if you run too many memory-extensive applications simultaneously. So try performing those redaction tasks after closing some of the background processes/applications.

Close all other programs and files and reboot the machine, then l

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when I try to open a pdf.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.32.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Leeb,

Sorry for the trouble, as per the description above, you are not able to close Adobe Reader as getting an error message "The application is out of memory", Is that correct?

Please try emptying the TEMP folder and see if that helps. This error usually occurs, if you run too many memory-extensive applications simultaneously. So try performing those redaction tasks after closing some of the background processes/applications.

Close all other programs and files and reboot the machine, then launch Adobe Reader and if it gives you the option to click on Help, then check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine again after updating Adobe Reader.

If you are not able to install the updates, please reboot the machine, then use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines