Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Acrobat quit unexpectedly" error but without crash

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community!

I have a user who is getting this window when using Adobe Acrobat Reader. I have seen the same for Acrobat Pro in the past with other users. It says "Acrobat quit unexpectedly. Click 'Learn more' for possible fixes." The "Learn More" button brings me to the following webpage.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/fix-acrobat-crash-on-launch.html

Acrobat quit.png

The thing is, Acrobat runs perfectly fine during this and does not crash. This window just randomly pops up while using it or when closing Acrobat. I've seen cases in the past where it randomly pops up even if the user isn't even using Acrobat upon logging into Windows or after using the computer for a while at random. Acrobat does not actually crash, but this popup is annoying for my users.

I have tried checking for updates and running a repair on Acrobat. Confirmed "Protected View" was turned off.

Any ideas as to what causes this and a solid solution to fix it?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same exact issue.  Generates the following Event Application Log.
Is happening to all of our users running Acrobat, random times throughout the day.  Some it force closes 10-15 times a day.

The program Acrobat.exe version 23.8.20421.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 7934
 Start Time: 01da3dd4169d24e7
 Termination Time: 14
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
 Report Id: f0914789-58be-459d-8cf0-47f5569fae55
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Unknown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, started happening to one of our users using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous 23.008.20421 (x64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update has been installed as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been instructed to do a wipe/re-install purging all Program Files/Registry Files.

Still running into the same issue.  It must have something to do with the latest Acrobat build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here - the moment I installed the latest big update, the error happened and there seems to be nothing that can be done to stop it. I've tried all the tricks. It is now a permanent annoyance. Also, it only pops up if I really need to react fast (sigh). The only other noticable effect is that it has turned all my Adobe icons on my homepage black, which is disconcerting, but I can still open them, and anyway the icons are present in File Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines