"Take a Snapshot" image is blurry

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Adobe Reader or Mircorsoft ever fixed the issue of snapshot images coming through blurry when pasted in to Microsoft Word 2010 or newer? I work for an animal hospital that frequntly has to use the "Take a Snapshot" tool to paste bloodwork pdf images into our Microsoft Word medical records. We are currently using the newest version of word which saves their documents with extension .docx and whenever we paste the snapshot image from a pdf, the pasted image is blurry.

The image is not blurry when using Microsoft Word documents that are saved in the old 97-2003 .doc format, it is just the newest version of Word that is making the images blurry.

When you right click on the emage and select "edit" the image clears up and is moved to the upper left corner of the page, I usually do this, then re-copy the image, delete it, then paste it where I wanted the image to go. I'v also seen from other messageboard posts that selecting "paste special" in the edit menu, then pasting as bitmap image clears it up as well. 

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this at the root so it doesn't require so many steps? I have some co-workers that aren't computer savy so adding extra steps to the copy/paste method has not been translating well. I just don't understand how this isn't a problem in the old version of Word but hasn't been fixed for the new version yet.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described the "Take a Snapshot" image is blurry when pasting in MS Word

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also as mentioned its a bhacvior with the latest version of MS Word, you may also try to get in touch with the MS Support team for more info on the issue.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader DC 32-bit version 2021.007.20099 . The blur is happening on all computers at both of my jobs and at home (I checked on a computer at my 2nd job just to make sure it wasn't just a weird bug at my primary place of work.) I am using the same version at all 3 places. Also it is only happening when Word documents are saved in their newst format, .docx . The images look fine in .doc . I think I will try contacting Microsoft customer support, I think the issue is with their program and not Adobe Reader. Thanks for trying to help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached 2 files that have pdf images snapshoted into Microsoft word documents to show the difference in the 2.

Adobe Snapshot #1 was saved as the newest Word format:  Word Document (*.docx)

Adobe Snapshot #2 was saved as the older Word format:  Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked, you do have to download each document to actually see the difference - I tried previeweing each document here and they look the same, until you download.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well. i tried to open the Word documents you ahve shared and didn't find any difference in the images. 

Please try to get in touch with the MS support team and see what they have to say.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines