Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"There was an error while reading a stream" error in Adobe DC

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting the above error when opening up a PDF in Adobe DC. It does not occur in other older versions of Adobe.

Can you provide suggestions?

I have looked at other posts and none of the suggestions have fixed my issues.

Thanks

Vi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vih,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, are you getting this error message with all the PDF files or with one specific PDF file?

If it is specific to one PDF file, then it seems that the PDF is corrupt or damaged.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and check.

If you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>disable "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enable Enhanced Security".

Note: Disabling the Protected Mode and Enhanced Security is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS installed?

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

When we turn off the security features as suggested, and we are still receiving the error.

Our DC version is 2018.011.20058.

The PDF is working on Adobe Reader 8.0.0.

We are using Windows 7 machines

Any further suggestions?

thanks

Vi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vi,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please install the latest update of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

If the issue persists, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Is it possible to share a sample PDF file which throws this error with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only,

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Anand,

I have shared a link to document with you.

I will also speak to my IT department about access to the most up to date version of DC.

Please let me know how you go with sample PDF.

Thanks

Vi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Anand,

have you had any luck with the sample PDF provided?

Thanks

Vi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines