• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RdrCEF.exe Application error when opening Reader DC

Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was getting the error message almost anytime when i am opening a PDF file "AcroCEF.exe" Application Error. The application is not crashing, but the message is annoying, its popping up all the time.

I now tried to reinstall with the Adobe cleaning tool and one deinstallation/reintallation via the "normal uninstall" routine.  Still got the  same problem now. Please look at the logfiles "AdobeARM". https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuw241m08sa8mua/AdobeARM.log?dl=0

Can anyone help me with that issue?

Thanks a lot!

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

As per the issue description, you are getting the popup of error RdrCEF.exe Application error when opening Reader DC.

Please check for any pending updates via Help->Check for updates to be on latest and safest version of Acrobat Reader DC.

If the issue still persists then uninstall the Reader DC.

Please use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to uninstall Reader DC, use the following link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

For reinstallation of Reader DC, kindly use the following link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Once the Reader DC is installed, run the Application as "Run as Administrator"

You may also try running the Reader in a different User Profile.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I checked for updates, there are no updates available at the time. Then i did the uninstall of Acrobat Reader DC via the uinstall tool and reinstalled the application, now running it as an adminstrator. But the error is shill showing up all the time.

What do you reccomend to try further?

Thank you very much!
Regards, Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Are there any news on this topic?

Please help me with that annoying issue.

Thanks a lot, Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines