• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: How do I change my signature and initials?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does nothing. Clicking the greyed out '-' does nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

So, I found the 'answer'. Go into Adobe Acrobat on the web (not desktop), https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

Then click on your account name in the top right corner, and select settings.

There is a section called E-signing settings. Click the 'edit settings' button. A new page will load. 

Then open/expand the 'personal preferences' item on the left hand sidebar.

Select 'My Signature'. 

You can then add, modify or delete a signature and initials. 

Needle in a haystack... 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me as well.  I have clicked out the greyed out '-' and it does not delete the signature.  It does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamina and Hille,

As you are trying to change your signature or initials, please click once the greyed out "-" icon. it takes some time to remove the signature.

Then you can add a new signature by clicking on the "+" icon.

Try once to repair the application installation. In the applicaiton, go to Help > Repair Installation(Only for Windows).

If the issue still occurs, share the application and OS version you are using. You can use the steps provided in the following help document to check the applicaiton version.

- Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same thing and waited, but it wouldn't allow me to change.  I am using version: Continuous Release: Version 2020.013.20074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me, too. how can this remnain a problem for so many years?

Cannot remove signature or initials. I typically use initials to sign for others who have given me their signature. Now I can't change a thing.

i was able to change signature and initials until I upgraded Mac OS recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi, this solution is still not working as of 9/2/2022. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2022.001.20117 on a Windows 10 Enterprise edition, version 21H2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a solution ever provided… I do not see one and I have the exact same issue.

I have adobe pro DC… I would assume that gives me the option to correct the initials.

In working with Adobe they say my company needs to work it out… Not great customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I JUST started having this problem on 10/15/21, AFTER downloading the most recent update.  Surely there is an answer to this problem?  Adobe also won't let me Save As any document now, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here-- I ended up trying to repair from Help menu, then ended up uninstalling then reinstalling-- Reader DC, not Pro.  It worked-- I had several other apps open and did not have to reboot, running Windows 10, I think the W10 release is early 2021 version.

I then clicked on the greyed out minus sign "-" and it immediately removed the old signature and a blue plus sign "+" appeared and it allowed me to create a new signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a serious problem with adding my own signatures and initials in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I updated my Mac to Monterey and since that, if I'm trying to add my own signature or initials it leads to a black screen, nothing happens and I have to press Esc to return to the document.

1. Version shows as "no updates available" (21.007.20099).
  2. I restarted the app ... I relaunched the application - no improvement.
  3. I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried it all again ... I relaunched the application - no improvement.
  4. I unchecked "Enable Enhanced Security" in Security-Enhanced ... I relaunched the application - no improvement.
  5. I turned on "Sync Preferences across Devices and Document Services" in Preferences - Adobe Online Services ... I relaunched the application - no improvement.
  6. I unchecked “use modern user interface for signing” in Preferences > Signatures > Under Creation & Appearance > More ... I relaunched the application - no improvement.

What can I do more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, on MacOS I also had this problem in Nov. 2022. I quit Reader, removed my "com.adobe.Reader.plist" from the Library/Preferences/Adobe location in my profile, and THEN the application allowed me to delete the old signature and initials using the little gray circle. I could add a new one after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue in 2024...truly insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I found the 'answer'. Go into Adobe Acrobat on the web (not desktop), https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

Then click on your account name in the top right corner, and select settings.

There is a section called E-signing settings. Click the 'edit settings' button. A new page will load. 

Then open/expand the 'personal preferences' item on the left hand sidebar.

Select 'My Signature'. 

You can then add, modify or delete a signature and initials. 

Needle in a haystack... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines