• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

read mode (ctrl+H) gose to full screen (not wanted!)

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lately i have this bug when i press "ctrl+H" it goes straight to full screen.
i used to read several PDFs side by side wile on read mode but new i cant seem to make it work like it used to.

is it something that i cane change in the preferences?
i have version 22.120117.0

how to fix that bug?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tamir24474946fnvf 

Hope you are doing well. 

Kinldy confirm if you were using split window option to view the PDF side by side and then the Read mode? If that is the case, then it is still possible. If there is some other workflow that you were following please let us know the exact steps, so we can help you better.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harsh, thank you for your comment.
i did not used split screen option,
read mode (ctrl+H) "cleans" all the toolbars in the window so i will have maximus usage of the dimension of the window of the file.
i used to just open 2-3 PDF files, with some overlap (like in the attached pic)
and just pressed "ctrl+H" to clean all the bars.
now the read mode option throw me to full screen which i don't want

i hope i clarified my problem

Tamir24474946fnvf_0-1652894413300.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem too.  I got a new computer and had to switch to the most recent version of Acrobat from a version that's about five years old.  I want to be able to have a pdf, showing a full page view, taking up around a third of my laptop screen so I can put it side by side with other pdfs or with a window showing a word processing application so I can take notes.  I could do that in the old version with ctrl+H, which got rid of the horizontal bar at the top with "Home, Tools" and the tab with the filename.  But now ctrl+H makes the pdf fill the whole screen, which is useless.  Is this a bug or is it just a really terrible design decision?  With the extra horizontal bar taking up the space, I can no longer comfortably read a whole page at a time on my laptop screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines