• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read Out Loud is reading image addresses.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am new to using Read Out loud, I have dyslexia so I am trying to get to some solution so I can study. My first and main issue is that as the reader is going through the document it reads out the image names such as "https://image/somelocation/blah/blah" is there a way to ask it to skip these images?

My second question, is there a feature to highlight the current word or sentence the reader is on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Hi Ambah,

Is it a particular file that's causing this issue while using "Read Out Loud" feature? In this file, do you have actual images or address (Hyperlink) of the actual image?

The Read Out Loud feature reads aloud the text in a PDF, including the text in comments and alternate text descriptions for images and fillable fields. It completely depends on how the document was created, specially the image part.

Can you share the screenshot of the section where this image is available in PDF? https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ambah,

Is it a particular file that's causing this issue while using "Read Out Loud" feature? In this file, do you have actual images or address (Hyperlink) of the actual image?

The Read Out Loud feature reads aloud the text in a PDF, including the text in comments and alternate text descriptions for images and fillable fields. It completely depends on how the document was created, specially the image part.

Can you share the screenshot of the section where this image is available in PDF? https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

My second question, is there a feature to highlight the current word or sentence the reader is on?

For your second question- this feature of highlighting the current word/sentence reader is currently on, is not available yet. You can highlight the text while using Read Out Loud feature, but its a manual process and its not going to be done automatically.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information. I decided to just have it read sections I click on to help with both issues.

Have a nice day/evening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines