Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read Out Loud sounds like gibberish

May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing an exhibition and I want to make the panels available to the deaf community. However, when I listen to the Read Out Loud version of the pdfs, it sounds terrible. There is, for example, no pause at the end of a sentence or title. Also, ordinary words seem mangled e.g. "been", is pronounced bee-en. The intonation is all over the place. In addition, it cannot make up its mind how to pronounce "Waltham" - it varies between Walt-ham and the correct version of Wal-tham.

I made the panels in Powerpoint, if that is relevant.

All help gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pennyc97686414,

As per the issue you described above, Read Out Loud (assuming you have Acrobat Reader) not reading sentences correctly in Reader, is that correct?

Could you please let us know how you are creating the pdf- using ACROBAT tab in Powerpoint or using File>Save As>PDF?

Have you tried with other pdf files?

Which Operating System is installed on the computer?

The version of Acrobat Reader installed on the computer- Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, check if the box next to "Use default speech attributes" is checked under Edit>Preferences>Reading.

Awaiting your response.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The read aloud feature in Adobe is absolutely dreadful. No amount of tweaking the pitch or voice can make this sound 'normal'.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still the case, the voice is terrible and makes it impossible to listen to. I would use the program that much more if the read-out loud option worked well, with a pleasant voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines