• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

receiving an error "File did not end with EOF marker"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload pdf files onto a website and keep receiving an error "File did not end with EOF marker as required by PDF standard"

Any idea how I correct this?  I am using the most current adobe reader.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem with the software used to make the PDF. How do you make them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scan them in with an HP all in one.  So are you saying it is a software problem with my scanner?  This never occurred until today as I often scan and send pdf documents as email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly the scanner, I expect, but the software which runs it. Did you recently update it?

(It's also possible it's a fault on the web site).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't updated recently.  So today after I experienced the issue, I looked for software updates, found one that was issued 2 days ago, and then tried again - and still could not work.  Trying to efile court documents.  The court helpline could not answer as they are not "tech support".  However, I went to HP and tried a diagnostic and couldn't find anything but it was suggested that I reinstall the software to see if that helps.  So tomorrow I will do so to see if makes a difference.  Thanks - at least I have some direction to try.  Even my usual tech guy couldn't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lisab,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are receiving  "File did not end with EOF marker" error when uploading pdf files onto a website, is that correct?

Does this happen with specific pdf files? Have you tried uploading other pdf files and check if you are still getting the error?

Also, let us know dot version of reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

EOF?

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the newest version of Adobe Reader > Open your file with the newly installed software. > Save the file. (You may have to rename the file or place in a new folder.) Your problem should be solved as the new software adds the EOF marker to the file once you press save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you look into hex editor you will see it has 0D 0A and then the problem: 0x00. That very last byte 0x00 is what causes the issue. 

0D 0A is not a problem, Acrobat and Distiller both write pdf that end like that.

See: https://github.com/vbuch/node-signpdf/issues/35

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines