Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove background blue highlight-by-click

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using acrobat pro dc version: 19.12.20034.328841

When I open a scanned document, if I click on any page, it becomes blue, the whole page becomes covered by blue transparent cover. This happens only for scanned documents (raster image). For documents created from, e.g. ms word, this does not happen. How to turn this useless unnecessary feature off? It's like some constant "fill" tool from photoshop instead of a mere mouse pointer. I do not need to fill my page with any color, why on Earth does it happen by default when I click onto a page?

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and tick off "Make hand tool select text & images".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but now I cannot select text... this program is made by a genius of usability.

So, I need to keep selecting text but I need to disable selecting images. This very "clever" program treats a scanned document (even if it was OCRed) as a big image. I think it is impossible to convince it otherwise (like that it is a background which does not have to be selected every time you click onto white background).

May be it is possible to disable highlighting when an image is selected? Why it have to go all blue? E.g. in ms word when u click onto image it does not change color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, just not with the Hand tool. Switch to the Text Selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but text selection tool brings back the whole page filling with blue tint when you click on it. So, the only way to let you click onto page white background without it going into blue color is to deprive yourself of the text selection. This is in the case of a scanned PDF document. A PDF made from typed document with fonts does not go blue when you click onto white background and you can select text alright.

I've just tried opening my scanned PDFs in three other programs: google chrome, ms edge and foxit reader (old version 2 was left on my usb from old times, when I could not afford adobe). And guess what, I can select text in every mentioned progs and when I click onto the white background it does not change color! So, I guess, acrobat is very bad for viewing pdfs, only good for creating it, what a shame...

Maybe it is possible to somehow disable pictures highlighting? Or maybe to change the highlighting color from blue to transparent (via regedit?)? I do not want to use two different programs for creating and for view pdf((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Acrobat in 2024. It's the least intuitive program I've ever used. This is still an issue... 5 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly all white in pdf's have a blue cast - super frustrating 2024 version - this was not there before for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria3741830687c9,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you are trying to change the highlight color for the form fields or remove them, please go to Menu > Preferences > Forms. You will see the option under the Highlight color title on the right-hand side of the Preferences window.

If you are looking for something else, please let us know what you are trying to remove. It would be helpful if you could share the screenshot and explain what is happening. Share the Acrobat and OS version on the machine. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines