Not sure if this is a wide spread problem, but as part of our business, we print PDF files with layers. Sometimes all layers are printed, and sometimes only certain layers are printed. We always select "Save ink/toner" when printing to try to minimize the amount of toner used per print job which has always worked well.
However, in release 2023.003.20269 (64-bit) of Acrobat Reader (Canada), when ever we select the "Save ink/toner" check box, it print all layers regardless of how many layers are visible. We have tested this on muliple printers (plotters, laser, and inkjet printers) and multiple operating systems (Windows 10 and 11) and the behaviour is the same in all cases.
Hopefully this can be addressed in a future release but wanted to bring it to someones attention!
FYI...we used the following link to download the app:
Adobe Acrobat Reader (Canada)
Copy link to clipboard
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Could you please share the following information to investigate the issue.
1) Has the problem started happening recently, or has it been going on for a while.
2) What's the behaviour when Save Ink/Toner is unchecked. Is it working fine that time.
3) Is the issue happening with every PDF file or with some PDF files. Please share some PDF files on which the issue is happening.
4) Is the issue happening every time, or is it happening intermittently.
5) It will be great if you provide a video of the bug that’s happening at their end.
6) Please go through the layer properties and check what is selected in the Print option. Make it prints when visible.
Abhishek Ranjan Singh