Exit

Sheet music notes won't print

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

I just downloaded some sheet music.  When I go to print out one page,  the noteheads won't print.   8th note excercises; all the 8th note noteheads are missing.  Can someone advise how to fix this?

Much obliged,

Scott

[personal information removed for your protection]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Email-signatures-and-personal-information/td-p/4786467

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

I right clicked it and went to "open with" Microsoft Edge and it printed fine. Must be an Adobe Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without some additional information (such as OS and printer model including PDL used such as PostScript, PCL, etc.) and posting a sample PDF file that exhibits this problem when printing, there is precious little that anyone here (or anywhere) can do to assist you.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks, I guess.  Your response sounds a bit rude, but I still hope you'll help me resolve this.

Printer:  Hewlett Packard Laser Jet Pro M 1212nf

I don't know what the acronym PDL is; please clarify?

Adobe would not let me print the document as a PDF to my desktop, but told me to save it to file, so I saved it as a document.  However, I don't see any option to attach it here, and I couldn't even drag and drop it as a screen shot.

I updated to Mojave a few weeks ago.  Before that I was able to print a sheet music document from the same source.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott.  Try opening it with Preview.  Right click on the file and use "open with" and select the Apple app that comes with the OS called Preview.  Print from there.  I have see Adobe DC do this same thing to random files I save out as a PDF from Sibelius.  And I do mean random: I save out all my sheet music using the exact same font set, sizing and workflow.  If printing right from Preview doesn't do it, try exporting it from Preview as a TIFF file and then open and print that.  You can try with Preview or any TIFF reader.  I know that defeats the whole purpose for a PDF file, but perhaps a lesser scientist than Dov at Adobe will emerge to keep the format relavant to musicians.

Hope that helps,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill! Finally this problem is solved. Thanks to you. I've searched for a solution everywhere and I don't think I am alone. I really hope that I can continue printing score sheets that I have developed in Sibelius from Adobe Acrobate in the fututre, but now it doesn't look so due to the very low engagement Dov at Adobe seems to have in this matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, gotta make it work somehow.

Gotta love the handle Bixntram too.

Just bought this vintage '47 set of 78s:

bixntram1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill... I was  having the same issue printing on two different Macs  running OS 13.3.1 to THREE different printers (Epson and Sharp) with  no luck and your advice saved the day... THANKS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I now have this same problem - just started a few months ago. No idea why! But I tried your workaround using Preview>TIFF and this has not worked for me - I even tried converting to jpg and of course to no avail. Am I perhaps missing something? I am on Apple Mac.

Sincerely

Sharny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sharny! I use Sibeilus and have encountered the same problem as you describe. But this tips solved the problem for me. I works like charm now.

https://www.scoringnotes.com/tips/fix-printing-problems-with-sibelius-pdfs-and-acrobat/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. No note heads when printing. Very little help from Adobe. I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet Pro. It seems that engaging with any kind of computer technology these days is an endless, frustrating porocess of problem solving. I will try the suggested work arounds. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! The workaround...all around worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I right clicked it and went to "open with" Microsoft Edge and it printed fine. Must be an Adobe Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines