• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sheet Music - using high contrast/change colours to achieve white notes on a black background

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to 'invert' the colours on sheet music.  If I change the background to black (as suggested by sheet music direct consultant) the whole page becomes black. If I change the colours (i.e. switch black/white) the chords and lyrics become white but not the sheet music itself.  Can anyone help.  I don't think it can be done using Adobe Reader (I also installed the trial of Pro and that made no difference with my opeions).  I am severely sight impaired and can just see white on black but have no hope of the usual black on whiite.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Hi @Roxanne27308266qpg3,

Thank you for the feedback. 

The other option would be to use the Windows color scheme that enables you to use the same high contrast settings you use for your Windows. 

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Roxanne27308266qpg3,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.

What we'd suggest you is to override the document colors from the preferences window. Please try the below steps:

Go to Edit-> Preferences-> Accessibility (Windows) or Acrobat-> Preferences-> Accessibility (Mac).

You can take reference from the below screenshot:

SS_0-1670338389799.png

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately there is a little bit more to this however, I am sure it is now SOLVED! The reason why I have not been able to use Adobe Reader to invert the colour scheme is due to the fact I USE HIGH CONTRAST settings in windows so I can use the computer! The windows high contrast settings must be deactivated in order for the Adobe preferences to take effect!!! My son thought to try without the windows high contrast. Thank you for all your assistance. It is a useful bit of information to add to your support list. I am sure there are other people who utiliise the windows high contrast settings. Obviously these have an overide effect on any PDF settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Roxanne27308266qpg3,

Thank you for the feedback. 

The other option would be to use the Windows color scheme that enables you to use the same high contrast settings you use for your Windows. 

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately the windows high contrast settings will not work on pdf documents. If my son hadn't thought to try editing the pdf preferences via Adobe Reader without the windows high contrast settings we would never have worked it out. It is a valuable point to remember. Oncce again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines